JB Carr Trophy
The JB Carr Trophy is run by Woodenbridge Golf Club, and was inaugurated in 1996 in celebrate the great Irish amateur golfer, Joe Carr. The competition runs nationally, but is based on county boundaries in the early rounds. It is a tournament for the over 60s.
- 5 Pairs playing Scotch Foursomes Matchplay. Maximum allowable handicap is 30 per pairing.
- Draw will determine home advantage with the exception of regional finalists who will have a home and away series.
- Age 60+ on or before 31st December in the preceding year.
- Early rounds will be played within county boundaries.
- All county winners will receive a pennant.
- County winners will then play off within their own region to produce regional champions.
- The four regional champions will then play an All Ireland semi-final and final in Woodenbridge Golf Club in September.
For further information, see the Tournament Rules page
Peter Goggin & Joe O’Farrell
Draw & Results:
New Ross begin the defence of their county title at home against Enniscorthy on or befpre April 5th.
View the draw in full here: