Men’s Results & News – Jan 25th
Club Singles – 14h S’ford (Sun Jan 25th)
1st – John Murphy (18) – 35 pts
2nd – Eddie Kent (19) – 33 pts
3rd – Declan Doyle (15) – 31 pts (last 9)
Gross – Donal Hosey – 26 pts
Cat 1 – Joey Furness (6) – 29 pts
Cat 2 – Sean Furlong (12) – 31 pts
Cat 3 – Noel Kendrick (15) – 31 pts
Sat 31st & Sun Feb 1st – Pro Am Qualifier (timesheet goes live at 9pm on Sun 25th)
Sun 8th – Winter League Round 4 – 14h S’ford (same timesheet as previous rounds applies for prepaid entrants, the timesheet will go live for non-prepaid entrants on Sun 1st at 9pm)
Sat 14th & Sun 15th – Open Fourball (draw for Sunday tee times on Sun 1st at 6pm)
The following presentations will take place on Sun Feb 1st at 6pm sharp:
– Christmas Classic
– 14h Club Singles (Jan 11th)
– 14h Club Singles (Jan 25th)
Please be reminded that all prize winners are expected to attend the presentation. If you do not attend the presentation or are not represented at it you will not receive your prize
The draw for the Sunday timesheet for Feb 15th (Open Fourball) will take place after the presentation.
Table Quiz – Support you Junior Section – Wed 28th Jan
A table quiz will be held in the Clubhouse on Wednesday 28th January at 8pm, with all funds raised going towards supporting our Junior Section. This year the club intend to offer weekly coaching sessions for the Juniors, in addition to the normal programme of weekly competitions and the 3 interclub competitions that are entered. Our juniors are key to the continuing health of the club and we hope you agree are a worthy cause. A table of 4 will cost €20, with some great prizes on offer for the quiz winners and in a raffle. All are welcome – why not bring along family, friends or work colleagues.
Paying your subscription early – Prize Draw
Don’t forget that those who pay their subscriptions early (either by Friday Feb 6th or Friday Feb 27th) will be entered into a prize draw/s to win some great prizes, including 50% off your subscription for 2016, a series of golf lessons and spending money in the bar. Paying your subscription early helps the club during the quiet winter period – why not pay early, help the club and hopefully help yourself to a great prize!
Pace of Play
One of the items that came out of the Competitions Survey was that ‘Pace of Play’ was a matter of concern for a good number of members. The Men’s Committee will be looking closely at ‘Pace of Play’ during competitions this year and looking at ways in which to make a positive impact. Here are a number of pointers to improve the pace of play:
– Check-in at least 10 minutes prior to your tee time.
– Be on the tee 5 minutes prior to your tee time.
– Every player is responsible for the speed of play of their group.
– Always endeavour to keep up with the group in front of you.
– Move quickly between shots and be ready to play when it is your turn.
– If you are behind, abandon the “Honour” system and the furthest from the hole hits first rule and adopt the procedure where, if it can be done safely, the person who is ready hits, even if he is further up the fairway, providing it is safe to do so.
– On the tee, shorter hitters hit first. Longer hitters hit last.
– Play a provisional ball if there is some doubt to where your ball finished.
– Leave buggies on the side of the green nearest the access to the next tee.
– Line up your putt and get set to putt while other players are putting without breach of etiquette.
– Putt out whenever possible
– If you “have the honour” on the next tee, hit first and then mark your scorecard.
– Mark your scorecard on the next tee while others are teeing off.
– In other than Stroke competitions, pick up your ball when you cannot score.
– If you lose a ball and or fall behind, play your next few shots as soon as it is safe to do so.
Golf Lessons for Junior Girls
The Irish Ladies Golf Union are organising free taster golf sessions for junior girls, born in or after 2003, all over the country. Our venue is Rosslare Golf Club on Friday 20th February. Johnny Young, PGA Professional, will be giving free lessons there. We must register as soon as possible. If you are interested in attending please contact Liz Bennett on 087 6762755. Girls must be a member of New Ross Golf Club.
Found the Joker – Jackpot €6,193
Congratulations to John Kehoe who found the Joker in envelope no. 47. John scoops the jackpot of €6,193 and will be presented with the cheque in due course. The next draw with a guaranteed jackpot of €500 will commence soon. Thank you to all who support this fundraiser.