Results & Notes August 4th – Donal Redmond wins President’s Prize

Home » Competitions » Results & Notes August 4th – Donal Redmond wins President’s Prize

 
 

Results & Notes August 4th – Donal Redmond wins President’s Prize

 

President’s Prize – Mr Brian Dolan

Over 250 golfers turned out last weekend in the quest to land Mr Brian Dolan’s President’s Prize.  Whilst those taking part in the qualifying round on Friday had to contend with strong winds, the Saturday entrants faced some heavy showers.  The leaders after the first 18 were Donal Redmond (18) on 42 pts, John Dowling (11) on 41 pts and Michael Kelleher (8) with 38 pts.  Thankfully the wet weather forecast for Sunday did not materialise and the final 18 was played in near ideal conditions.  Noel Kehoe Snr (17) posted a total of 76 pts, to take the early lead, but the leader, Donal Redmond, produced a nerveless display to record a hugely impressive 79 pts to be the clear and deserving winner.  John Dowling’s challenge faded on the back nine on Sunday, and he finished with 76 pts, being edged into third by Noel Kehoe on the countback.

SONY DSC

Donal Redmond putting his way to victory

 

Tom Donovan (15) finished fourth with 72 pts, whilst Robbie Farrell continued his recent run of good from taking the gross with 68 pts.  The categories were won by Declan Harford (8) 72 pts, Paul Harrington (10) 70 pts, Jim Meggs (15) 70 pts and Tom Duggan (20) 70 pts.  The first 18 went to Michael Kelleher with the second 18 going to Jack Ryan (8) with 40 pts.  The Past President’s prize was taken home by John Hosey (13) with 69 pts, whilst best of the Veterans was John Harrington (16) with 68 pts.  Congratulations to Brian Dolan on his very successful weekend and for the fabulous prizes provided for the event.

Predient’s Prize – Results List

1st Donal Redmond (18) – 79 pts

2nd Noel Kehoe Snr (17) – 76 pts

3rd John Dowling (11) – 76 pts

4th Tom Donovan (15) – 72 pts

Gross Robert Farrell – 68 pts

Cat 1 Declan Harford (8) – 72 pts

Cat 2 Paul Harrington (10) – 70 pts

Cat 3 Jim Meggs (15) – 70 pts

Cat 4 Tom Duggan (20) – 70 pts

1st 18 Michael Kelleher (8) – 38 pts

2nd 18 Jack Ryan (8) – 40 pts

Past President John Hosey (13) – 69 pts

Veterans John Harrington (16) 68 pts

Presidents Mixed

1st Jimmy Meggs, Robert O’Dwyer & Denise Bolger – 46 pts

2nd Jim Ryan, Jimmy Furlong & Marie Therese Wall – 44 pts

3rd Paschal Bolger, Micheal O’Neill & Liz Bennett – 42 pts

 

Other Results

Tuesday Fourball (July 30th), sponsored by Corcoran’s Bar & Next Door Off Licence

1st R Hyde (Dungarvan) & F Walsh (Faithlegg) – 37 pts

Cat 1 Tommy Liston & Tom Tyler – 37 pts

Cat 2 Robert O’Dwyer & Pat Whelan – 36 pts

Competitions

Tue 6th – 14h Open Fourball sponsored by Irish Driver Harris

http://www.idh.ie

Fri 9th – Open 3 Person Scramble

Sun 11th – Club Cup First Round, sponsored by Prim-ed Publishing

http://www.prim-ed.com

The draw for the Sunday timesheet for the Brooks Jewellers August Medal (August 25th) will take place during the Club Cup Auction this Tuesday (August 6th).

Club Cup Auction:

The Club Cup Auction takes place on Tuesday August 6th from 8.30pm sharp.  The auctioneers on the night will be Anne Carton and Des Moloney who have kindly offered their services.  20% of the funds raised will go towards the Clubhouse Disability Access Fund, with the remaining 80% being given out in prizes.  We hope the auction will provide a bit of interest and excitement for members.  Whilst the rules are lengthy, it’s not as complicated as it seems.  A great way to get involved is to get together with a few others and form a syndicate.  Full details are available on the website: http://www.newrossgolfclub.ie/2013/07/club-cup-auction/

In the meantime, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask any of the Auction Organisers – Eamon Walsh, Seamus McGuinness, Derek Ronan or Rory Hussey.

Matchplay:

The Second Round of the Singles Matchplay is due for completion by August 12th.  The Fourball Matchplay has now reached the semi final stages, with the Foursomes matchplay final scheduled for later this month.

Find the Joker

This week’s winner of the draw was Bernard Connolly.  The card revealed in envelope no. 22 was the two of spades. The jackpot rolls on to €600 next week.  Entries cost €2 and are taken at the bar.

 

No comments

Be the first one to leave a comment.

Post a Comment